Saturday, July 7, 2012

Training The Mind As Well As The Body

To some people the only thing that matters is getting the perfect physique. However good overall health comes from training both the body and the mind. My favourite way to train the mind is by reading books. I am currently reading a French novel titled The Red and The Black. I have a firm belief that the mind is just as powerful as the body and when you sharpen your mind, you sharpen the body as well.

Some books that I would recommend-


The Road by Cormac Mccarthy
-This is a post apocolyptic tale of a boy and man who travel a long way in a destroyed world. Very good read. Vivid detail that is sometimes disturbing but always enjoyable.

The Odyssey by Homer
-This is one of the first epic tales mankind produced. A must read for anyone into classic literature.

Walden by Henry Thoreau
-A deep novel about psychological, economic, and social topics. A classic by anyone's terms.

I have countless other books and I plan to make posts of them in the future. However if you need to hear about books and enjoy cynical humour you should check out http://crustycritique.blogspot.com/ his reviews are often hilarious and menacing, but there are also some gems of poetry.

Thanks for reading,
FOX

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! It is crucial to have an healthy mind because once you set your mind to achieve something you want badly no matter how hard and impossible it might look you normally succeed!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! This is a nice post. I am Really impressed to see this post. I am very concert of my body fitness. It is help me a lot Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete