Sunday, July 8, 2012

ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Delicious Strawberry Review

I have just finished a tub of ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Delicious Strawberry protein powder.

I have tried quite a few different protein powders throughout my last three years of training, and I will be reviewing them one at a time. Whey and other forms of protein powders are great ways to supplement your diet by adding additional protein, carbohydrates, and fats. You should not base your diet off of protein powders.

Review:

Macro-nutrients-(9/10)
On the nutritional standpoint ON 100% Whey Protein is pretty good. For one serving you are getting:
110 Calories
1g  Fat
2g Carbohydrates
24g Protein
This is very good if what you are looking for is mostly protein with few carbs or fats. If you find it hard to gain weight and muscle I would recommend a powder with more carbohydrates and fats in addition to the protein.


Mixability-(9/10)
The Delicious Strawberry flavour mixes very easily and I found that when using a shaker bottle there were never any clumps, and there were few to none even if I just used a glass and a spoon.


Taste- (5/10) 
Unfortunately the Delicious Strawberry protein powder falls short in the taste department. I found it decent when mixed with milk, but when mixed with water it was hard to drink. The taste is very artificial and doesn't taste like fresh strawberries at all. However when mixed into a fruit smoothie the taste can be masked.


Overall- (7/10)
With all the other flavours for ON Whey I do not see why you would buy this flavour. I would recommend a non-fruit flavour as they often taste much better. However if you do not care about taste this product does its duty giving you protein and few other sugar fillers. 



1 comment:

  1. I tried the vanilla flavor and it's the best!

    ReplyDelete